Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages are messed up between two phone numbers on one apple ID

Since I got my new iphone 11 last week and gave my iphone XR to my husband, he is not receiving texts from me (or anyone for that matter) . When he texts me, it shows as coming from myself (my name), too myself (my name) and I see both the 'send' and 'receive' in the same text string.

We share me appleID

This happens everytime I switch phones and give him my old one and I always forget to note the settings before I transfer the data.

HELP!

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:32 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 6, 2022 10:05 AM in response to Naya1978

You might have success with erasing the iPhone you gave him and setting it up again, assuming nothing important has been saved on it yet (you can always make a backup). I wouldn't bet on it, though.

As SrvanKrA stated, you really shouldn't share an Apple ID. It's unnecessary, especially with the advent of Family Sharing.

Messages are messed up between two phone numbers on one apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.