Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of five extra minutes and have watch display actual time?

Apple Watch series 4. When I first got it, I set my watch to display the time as 5 minutes ahead of the actual time using the settings app. I want to change it back to showing acctual time and can't figure out how to do it. Help, anyone? Someone asked this same question and got a reply just pointing out where to go. I already knew that. I can’t figure out how to get from +5 back to +0. There is a greyed out X on bottom left and a bright green check mark on bottom right. Touching either of them, or the big clock face in the center with +5, doesn’t open anything to increase or decrease the number. Help?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 4:05 PM

Hey there, DPMerritt! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

You are on the right screen to change it back to +0. You will use the dial on the side of the watch to change the amount of time showing there. You can turn the dial down to decrease the time or up to increase it.

Kindest regards. 

4 replies

How do I get rid of five extra minutes and have watch display actual time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.