Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archive swipe left option in Mail app on iPad Pro

I somehow activated this feature on my iPhone 12 mini for my iCloud mail account. But when I look at my Swipe left options for in settings it’s not visible. I think there is somehow a different path to this setting.

My swipe left option on my iPhone is set to ‘None’ but when I physically swipe left ‘Archive’ appears, just not on my iPad.

Could someone please assist.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:11 AM

Hello AlexanderLG,

To help resolve this issue, check the settings for your iCloud email account by following the steps below:

Archive instead of delete
You can archive emails in the Archive mailbox. (You can still choose to delete emails, even if you set up an Archive mailbox.)
1. Go to Settings  > Mail, then tap Accounts.
2. Do one of the following:
• If you’re using an iCloud email account: Tap iCloud, tap iCloud again, then tap iCloud Mail.
• If you’re using another email account: Tap your email provider, then tap your email account.
3. Tap Advanced, then change the destination mailbox for discarded emails to the Archive mailbox.

You can read more on this here: Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPad

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 10:11 AM in response to AlexanderLG

Hello AlexanderLG,

To help resolve this issue, check the settings for your iCloud email account by following the steps below:

Archive instead of delete
You can archive emails in the Archive mailbox. (You can still choose to delete emails, even if you set up an Archive mailbox.)
1. Go to Settings  > Mail, then tap Accounts.
2. Do one of the following:
• If you’re using an iCloud email account: Tap iCloud, tap iCloud again, then tap iCloud Mail.
• If you’re using another email account: Tap your email provider, then tap your email account.
3. Tap Advanced, then change the destination mailbox for discarded emails to the Archive mailbox.

You can read more on this here: Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPad

Best Regards.

Archive swipe left option in Mail app on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.