Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad email account swipe settings

I’m using iPad 6th generation, OS 16.2, 128gig.

I set up a 2nd gmail account. As I “swipe left” to delete a message (like I do with my primary gmail account) the swipe function of my 2nd account is set to “Archive” as the first of 3 options, the middle is “move” and the third is “more”. I have searched but can’t find the tool to change it.

How do I change the first swipe function to “delete” so I can swipe once and automatically delete a email message rather than having to use the “move” option?

Thanks

Jeff

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 9:04 AM

Available Mail swipe-options are configured from iPad settings:

Settings > Mail > Swipe Options

As for the swipe gesture, an extended swipe to the left will (by default) delete the email.

Be aware that iPadOS 16.3.1 is current. You should update to this version - as the update includes both functional and essential system security updates.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 9:04 AM in response to jw48405

Available Mail swipe-options are configured from iPad settings:

Settings > Mail > Swipe Options

As for the swipe gesture, an extended swipe to the left will (by default) delete the email.

Be aware that iPadOS 16.3.1 is current. You should update to this version - as the update includes both functional and essential system security updates.

iPad email account swipe settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.