Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying swipe function on ipad email program

When I go into my email program I sometimes accidentally touch an email and it swipes to the right and disappears. It appears that this is a way to delete messages quickly but it is a bit too quick for my liking and I want to get rid of it. Even more annoying is that I have set mail to ask if I want to delete but that doesn’t stop the messages doing the disappearing trick.

Is there a way to stop this or is it just a bug that I have to put up with?

iPad

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:24 PM

The Mail swipe gestures are intentional - providing the means to perform quick actions.

Available configuration options for this functionality can be found in iPad settings:

Settings > Mail > Swipe Options > Swipe Left | Swipe Right - tap to configure

3 replies

Nov 3, 2022 5:12 AM in response to worldwidewriter

The available configuration settings are the best mitigation that I can offer. As an observation, I don’t recall seeing previous complaint within the Support Community of these established UI gestures being issue.

While a full swipe to the left will delete an email (moving the mail to the Bin/Trash folder - from where it can be easily recovered), a less aggressive swipe reveals the configured options.

Apple do invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to request changes, this might be the most appropriate channel through which to make your view known to Apple:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Annoying swipe function on ipad email program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.