Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone

Hi,

I'm trying to move all data of my WhatsApp from my android to my new iPhone, but there seem to be a catch: I need to have WhatsApp installed on my new iPhone in order to use the "Move to iOS" app during the setup, but I can't download any app before finishing the setup of my iPhone.

How do I solve this?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Migrate from Android to iPhone

1. Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
  2. A code will be displayed on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
  3. Tap Continue and follow the on-screen prompts. 
  4. Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
  5. Tap START on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You’ll be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
  6. Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app.
  7. Tap CONTINUE to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete. 
  8. Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
  9. Open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
  10. Tap Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
  11. Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you. 

Note: Going to Files and selecting the WhatsApp folder in the Move to iOS app isn't supported during migration.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 10:21 AM in response to RoStol

Migrate from Android to iPhone

1. Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
  2. A code will be displayed on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
  3. Tap Continue and follow the on-screen prompts. 
  4. Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
  5. Tap START on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You’ll be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
  6. Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app.
  7. Tap CONTINUE to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete. 
  8. Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
  9. Open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
  10. Tap Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
  11. Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you. 

Note: Going to Files and selecting the WhatsApp folder in the Move to iOS app isn't supported during migration.

Aug 6, 2022 10:20 AM in response to RoStol

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ

WhatsApp Chat history from Google Drive to iCloud. (Android to iPhone)

Move process cannot extract data from Google Drive or any other Drive where the chat backups are stored. iCloud Drive is not one of them.

My experience says you can't transfer because on Android, and WhatsApp, chat history is not stored on iCloud, on iOS it is.

That may be possible with third-party software. Warning!; WhatsApp data through third-party software has the risk of data being compromised. Because the data will be churned through third-party servers, which may or may not be encrypted. Be judicious while selecting the software and taking this call.

Move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.