Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring deleted playlists in iTunes

I deleted my playlists by mistake that had many songs and clips I uploaded from my computer (they are now no longer stored locally). Now I cannot access any of those uploaded songs/clips through iTunes. I have several prior ITL files but iTunes will not import the file. ("...it does not appear to be a valid exported file...")

How can I restore these playlists or access my uploaded content?

Thank you for any help.

Windows 11 Pro

iTunes 12.12.4.1

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 1:08 PM

You can press and hold down shift when you launch iTunes and use the Choose option to access alternate .itl files, from which you could potentially export playlists to reimport into your current library, however that won't replace content that you've deleted from your local drive. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match you can redownload cloud items that are visible in the library, but there is no facility to restore items you've deleted both locally and from the cloud.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 1:08 PM in response to Nbarger

You can press and hold down shift when you launch iTunes and use the Choose option to access alternate .itl files, from which you could potentially export playlists to reimport into your current library, however that won't replace content that you've deleted from your local drive. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match you can redownload cloud items that are visible in the library, but there is no facility to restore items you've deleted both locally and from the cloud.

tt2

Restoring deleted playlists in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.