Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV box won’t airplay Netflix

Why will my Apple TV box not airily any shows from netlfix, either on my iPhone or my laptop? My Apple TV is stuck on this screen and I don’t have the original Apple TV remote. The Ethernet cord is plugged in as well and still nothing help please!

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 1:11 PM

Netflix has chosen to not support AirPlay anymore since 2019. Use the Netflix app on your smart TV or Apple TV box instead.

The screen you are seeing is known as “Conference Room Display”. It has an on|off switch in Settings﹥AirPlay. To get out of this screen, use the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.

This setting could theoretically be locked with a PIN code through Restrictions, or maybe even through a device profile (if set up that way, usually through corporate MDM). I assume you know the origins of your devices.

If you lost the remote for your Apple TV - Apple Support

1. You can buy a replacement remote from Apple.
  2. You can use the software remote on your iPhone, if both devices are already connected to the same home network.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Beaubeech

Netflix has chosen to not support AirPlay anymore since 2019. Use the Netflix app on your smart TV or Apple TV box instead.

The screen you are seeing is known as “Conference Room Display”. It has an on|off switch in Settings﹥AirPlay. To get out of this screen, use the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.

This setting could theoretically be locked with a PIN code through Restrictions, or maybe even through a device profile (if set up that way, usually through corporate MDM). I assume you know the origins of your devices.

If you lost the remote for your Apple TV - Apple Support

1. You can buy a replacement remote from Apple.
  2. You can use the software remote on your iPhone, if both devices are already connected to the same home network.

Aug 6, 2022 2:28 PM in response to Beaubeech

If you know other users with an Apple TV box, then ask them to borrow their remote for a few minutes. Even the old style remote is good for this.

Else buy a replacement remote.

A newer model remote will have to be paired. The old style remote may work without pairing with the current models. Pair or link your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Apple TV box won’t airplay Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.