Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stopped connecting to macbook pro hotspot after iOS update to 15.6

I have an iphone 11 and I regularly use internet sharing from my macbook pro and use that wifi on my phone. Last night I upgraded to iOS 15.6 and I am no longer able to connect my phone to my macbook's internet sharing. I have tried resetting my wifi, restarting my phone, resetting the internet sharing name/password, resetting network settings on my phone to factory. Nothing worked.

How can I connect to my hotspot again

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 3:06 PM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2022 12:00 PM in response to jkrubin

Good day to you jkrubin, 

Are you able to connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network without sharing the connection through your Mac? 

Here are also the settings to double verify on your Mac for sharing an internet connection and of course making sure you restart your Mac and that it is up to date are great steps as well - Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sharing , then select Internet Sharing in the service list.
2. Click the “Share your connection from” pop-up menu, then choose the internet connection you want to share. For example, if you’re connected to the internet over Ethernet, choose Ethernet.
3. In the “To computers using” list, select the port other computers use to access the shared internet connection. For example, if you want to share your internet connection over Wi-Fi, select Wi-Fi.
4. If you chose Wi-Fi in the “To computers using” list, click Wi-Fi Options, configure the internet-sharing network, then click OK.
• Network Name: Type a name for the shared connection.
• Channel: Click the Channel pop-up menu, then choose another channel if you don’t want to use the default channel.
• Security: If available, click the Security pop-up menu, then choose an option.
• Choose WPA3 Personal if all computers that use the shared connection support WPA3.
• Choose WPA2/WPA3 Personal if some computers that use the shared connection support only WPA2.
• Password: Enter a password. If you want to see the current password, select the “Show password” checkbox below the password.
5. In the Service list at the left, select the Internet Sharing checkbox.
6. If you’re sure you want to turn on internet sharing, click Start. Otherwise, click Cancel.

Thanks. 

Iphone stopped connecting to macbook pro hotspot after iOS update to 15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.