Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 7 calories burned too low

Just upgraded to a series 7 and the calorie count (total calories) for my workouts is about 200 less on my new watch compared to my old Apple Watch. My old watch reading da were def correct as I’ve tested them against numerous other devices and gym equipment. I’ve checked everything advised to fix online, health app data correct, HR is reading correctly, calories are selected (not kj), selecting correct workout, calibrated, wrist detection and location services on and still no difference. When I compare my workouts history, just a simple Watch upgrade has now resulted in my calories burned being significantly less. Anyone else having these issues?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 4:39 PM

Since you've not mentioned it in your post, have you checked that your weight and height are correct in the Watch app? Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the "My Watch" tab. Then, tap Health > Health Profile and make sure your personal information shown there are all accurate. Hope that helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Rmackey1234

Since you've not mentioned it in your post, have you checked that your weight and height are correct in the Watch app? Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the "My Watch" tab. Then, tap Health > Health Profile and make sure your personal information shown there are all accurate. Hope that helps!

Aug 6, 2022 7:37 PM in response to natt223

Thanks for replying, yes all correct. The funny thing is all I’ve done is buy a new watch, everything else is still the same eg my health set up etc. My indoor cycling for spin class has gone from an average of 500 total cals burned to less than 300. Everything re the set up is the same. I also had my husband test it and he burns more as a strong cyclist, same issue for him so it’s def not a change in my efforts. Tested against old Apple Watch and big difference so it’s a little deflating 😭

Apple Watch series 7 calories burned too low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.