Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing birthdate on apple id

When trying to change my child's Birthdate on apple ID tells me "Cannot change date of birth. The date of birth for ---- could not be changed because of a server error. Try again. Currently their account shows adult but they are under 13. How do I do this?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 8:22 PM

QCAZFAMILY Said:

"Changing birthdate on apple id: When trying to change my child's Birthdate on apple ID tells me 'Cannot change date of birth. The date of birth for ---- could not be changed because of a server error. Try again. Currently their account shows adult but they are under 13. How do I do this?"

-------

Troubleshooting Changing the Date of Birth:

A. Wait it Out:

Apparently these is an error connecting to App.e's servers. So, do as instructed and try again (later on in the day).

B. Tried this Link?:

Update the Birth Sate Associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 8:22 PM in response to QCAZFAMILY

QCAZFAMILY Said:

"Changing birthdate on apple id: When trying to change my child's Birthdate on apple ID tells me 'Cannot change date of birth. The date of birth for ---- could not be changed because of a server error. Try again. Currently their account shows adult but they are under 13. How do I do this?"

-------

Troubleshooting Changing the Date of Birth:

A. Wait it Out:

Apparently these is an error connecting to App.e's servers. So, do as instructed and try again (later on in the day).

B. Tried this Link?:

Update the Birth Sate Associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Changing birthdate on apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.