Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after Monterey’s latest update, can’t log in

I have tried restarting - can’t log in, keyboard not accessible

Going into safe mode - can’t log in, keyboard not accessible

on a Mac mini with a Wacom Cintiq monitor and pressure sensitive pen. Monitor boots up but pen is not recognized.

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 9:43 AM

After a some unplugging and replugging, I was finally able to get into safe mode, and then get things working. I think that my problem might have been an older external drive. After the last Monterey update I had problems writing to it, so before restarting the last time, I took it off.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 9:43 AM in response to pcl19

After a some unplugging and replugging, I was finally able to get into safe mode, and then get things working. I think that my problem might have been an older external drive. After the last Monterey update I had problems writing to it, so before restarting the last time, I took it off.

Aug 7, 2022 9:27 AM in response to pcl19

The Keyboard is USB and Directly Connected to the computer ?

Not Connected via a USB Hub ?

What happens when you type in the Computer Account Password ?

Does if given an Error message and if so what is the error Message ?

Have an M1 Mac Mini which, when first received, had Bug Sur and used a USB directly connect and presto - set it up and then paired my Apple Bluetooth Magic Keyboard 2 and all is good. Since then upgraded to Monterey 12.5 and not issues at all.

If the issue is that it does not recognize your Account Passwords >>

refer to link below

This is from respected Contributor @ Barney -15E

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

after Monterey’s latest update, can’t log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.