Cursor will not show up after updating to Ventura 13.3

I updated my Mac Mini to Ventura 13.3 and now I cannot log in due to not being able to get a cursor to allow me to enter my password. I read to restart in safe mode, which I did and it still will not let me. I tried to enter my Apple Id and it will not populate a cursor there either, so I am dead in the water, my mouse works, and the volume buttons work on my wireless keyboard, but nothing else.

Mac mini, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:43 AM

Can you plug in the keyboard with a cable?

I had a problem in Ventura for a while where I couldn't type into the password field until I connected the Lightning cable on my Magic Keyboard. I could then disconnect the cable and everything worked until it slept overnight.

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 24, 2023 7:26 AM in response to cjscrapper

In my experience, Logitech has a poor track record with their drivers. Most of their devices can be used with only basic features without their driver software loaded. Are you using their software which allows you to configure it? If so, see if they have an update.

Starting up in Safe Mode will disable their drivers, so you would have a basic HID-compliant keyboard. See if that works to allow you to type. If it works in Safe Mode, then it is the Logitech software.

Cursor will not show up after updating to Ventura 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.