You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

Big Sur 11.6.5 I am unable to save my photo after performing edits to it. There is no option to save it. Tried using Export to Desktop but the original picture shows up. Performed Photos Rebuild but that did not resolve the problem.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Ah

Zooming in is not an edit - it is just changing the view.

If you want to edit so only the center of the image is left, then you need to use the crop tool. Choose crop from the top of the screen when in edit mode.

Crop and straighten photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

7 replies

Aug 7, 2022 9:04 AM in response to Marker24

The edited photos are NOT stored. Phoots stores the original photo, and a list of the edits you have applied in the database. When you view or export an image, the edits are applied to the original dynamically to give you the edited image.

Export 1 photo should give you the edited version. If it is not, then there is something going wrong. What edits have you made and what are you seeing in the exported photo?

(There is a bug in some versions of (I think) Monteray which is not exporting markups, such as text - other edits, such as colour, contrast, brightness etc should be applied though)

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.