Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages never received

My phone is just deleting non-iPhone messages from existence whenever I’m out of range instead of just politely delivering them to me once I’m back in service. It delivers iPhone messages (blue ones) once I’m back in range but none of the non-iPhone (green ones). Even if I just put my phone in airplane mode for two minutes, any texts sent to me during this time are never delivered to me. (Not after I turn airplane mode off. Not after turning phone off and on. No sign of these messages ever.) How do I fix this?

(I have an iPhone 11, and I’ve recently updated to latest update. Doing this before and after update).

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:50 AM

SMS and MMS are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

2 replies

Messages never received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.