Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing the latest iPhone update, my camera isn’t functioning the way it should. My zoom on photo now only goes upto 5x, not 10x. What up. I also get a message from Apple saying my camera is an unknown part

After installing the latest iPhone 12 Pro update, my camera isn’t functioning the way it should. My zoom on photo now only goes upto 5x, not 10x. What’s up? I also get a message from Apple saying my camera is an unknown part?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 9:51 AM

4 replies

Aug 7, 2022 5:44 PM in response to Axel Foley

No repairs or damage. I brought my phone to the Genius Bar, they said it is a possible bug from the last update or the camera needs to be replaced. The camera still operates but I can't zoom to 10X, just 5X. Some of the other camera functions have changed also. I'll hope that it is a bug that needs fixing. Otherwise a new camera will cost $109.

After installing the latest iPhone update, my camera isn’t functioning the way it should. My zoom on photo now only goes upto 5x, not 10x. What up. I also get a message from Apple saying my camera is an unknown part

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.