Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Camera issue

Why does my phone say “unknown part “ for my camera (iPhone 13 pro max). I believe this happened after one of the updates within the past 4-5 months and what can I do to fix it? It will only zoom to 5x now, not 15x

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 6:04 PM

Gouch1025 Said:

"I’ve never had any work done on my phone. I’ve had no reason to, it’s in perfect condition. Only thing I’ve done is updates pushed through."

-------

Troubleshooting Errors After Update:

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Take this in for Service:

It seems to be a bug on Apple's part, and not yours. So, set up a Genius Bar Appointment, asking them if this a faulty device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 6:04 PM in response to Gouch1025

Gouch1025 Said:

"I’ve never had any work done on my phone. I’ve had no reason to, it’s in perfect condition. Only thing I’ve done is updates pushed through."

-------

Troubleshooting Errors After Update:

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Take this in for Service:

It seems to be a bug on Apple's part, and not yours. So, set up a Genius Bar Appointment, asking them if this a faulty device.

Aug 10, 2023 5:49 PM in response to Gouch1025

Gouch1025 Said:

"Camera issue: Why does my phone say 'unknown part ' for my camera (iPhone 13 pro max). I believe this happened after one of the updates within the past 4-5 months and what can I do to fix it? It will only zoom to 5x now, not 15x"

-------

Get a New Camera:

Did you recently get the camera replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there.See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support.  They should have known better.

Camera issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.