Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I recover contacts lost after 15.6 iOS update?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:51 AM

If you sync contacts with iCloud you may be able to recover them in iCloud.com using the instructions in here.

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you don’t sync contacts with iCloud, but you include them in your backups, you can restore a backup to recover the contacts. Restoring a backup will overwrite all of the current contents on you device and replace that content with the content in the backup.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync contacts with an email account, make sure that you have that enabled in the email account. Settings>Mail>Account>Account Name>Contacts>On.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 10:51 AM in response to anibelka1973

If you sync contacts with iCloud you may be able to recover them in iCloud.com using the instructions in here.

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you don’t sync contacts with iCloud, but you include them in your backups, you can restore a backup to recover the contacts. Restoring a backup will overwrite all of the current contents on you device and replace that content with the content in the backup.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync contacts with an email account, make sure that you have that enabled in the email account. Settings>Mail>Account>Account Name>Contacts>On.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.