Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having Trouble Downloading Big Sur 11.6.8 OS Update from 11.6.5

Wondering if anyone has advice on getting past this error when I try to download Big Sur 11.6.8

The software update download failed. Please check your network connection and try again.
An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again.

I also tried to download manually from the terminal, and I get this error message:

softwareupdate -i 'macOS Big Sur 11.6.8-20G730'
Software Update Tool
Finding available software
Downloading macOS Big Sur 11.6.8
Downloaded: 100%

Failed to download & prepare update: Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7700 "[SUMacControllerErrorDownloadFailed=7700] Failed to perform Download operation: [SUMacControllerError:7704_1_BOSErrorDomain:304_2_PKDownloadError:8_3_PKDownloadError:14]" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7f822cd0aad0 {Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7704 "[SUMacControllerErrorDownloadBridgeOSFailed=7704] failed to download bridgeOS package specifiers: [BOSErrorDomain:304_1_PKDownloadError:8_2_PKDownloadError:14]" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7f822cd28770 {Error Domain=BOSErrorDomain Code=304 "An error occurred downloading one or more packages for the update product." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred downloading one or more packages for the update product., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f822cd0b1b0 {Error Domain=PKDownloadError Code=8 "(null)" UserInfo=0x7f822cd26d70 (not displayed)}}}, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=0, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorDownloadBridgeOSFailed=7704] failed to download bridgeOS package specifiers: [BOSErrorDomain:304_1_PKDownloadError:8_2_PKDownloadError:14], NSLocalizedDescription=The T2 software update could not be downloaded. Please check your network connection and try again.}}, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=0, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorDownloadFailed=7700] Failed to perform Download operation: [SUMacControllerError:7704_1_BOSErrorDomain:304_2_PKDownloadError:8_3_PKDownloadError:14], NSLocalizedDescription=The software update download failed. Please check your network connection and try again.}

Downloading from 'Safe Mode' also did not work. I received the same errors.

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 12:43 PM

Sounds like your internet connection is flakey and taking lots of errors. Fix it first then try again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Having Trouble Downloading Big Sur 11.6.8 OS Update from 11.6.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.