Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID stopped working on my notes and I forgot my password

My Face ID stopped working on my notes app out of nowhere. I don’t remember the password I used to locked certain notes. I have already been through days of apple support, resets, and now I have a new device and the same thing g is happening. How do I get Face ID to work on this again?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 7:15 PM

Samm0o Said:

"Face ID stopped working on my notes and I forgot my password: My Face ID stopped working on my notes app out of nowhere. I don’t remember the password I used to locked certain notes.[...]"

-------

Troubleshoot Face ID:

Tried these two links?:

Passwords for Notes:

As for the password, there is no record of Notes passwords. So, you'd have to get back in using Face ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 7:15 PM in response to Samm0o

Samm0o Said:

"Face ID stopped working on my notes and I forgot my password: My Face ID stopped working on my notes app out of nowhere. I don’t remember the password I used to locked certain notes.[...]"

-------

Troubleshoot Face ID:

Tried these two links?:

Passwords for Notes:

As for the password, there is no record of Notes passwords. So, you'd have to get back in using Face ID.

Face ID stopped working on my notes and I forgot my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.