Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee scam emails

I am being bombarded with emails warning me about my McAfee subscription expiring. I do not have McAfee. I'm getting 20+ messages a day from these scammers. I've tried reporting as spam, blocking the contact, but nothing keeps them out of my inbox. The common thing I find is that 90% of these have "onmicrosoft.com" in the From field. I tried setting rules to move messages that contain onmicrosoft.com to the junk mail folder or if the subject contains McAfee and many combinations of anything I can find in the Subject or the From fields. Nothing works. I'm running Monterey 12.5 and using Apple Mail v 16.0. I don't understand why nothing seems to work on these scam emails.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:02 AM

Yep, just ignore and delete them. I have a rule set up that funnels junk mail to its folder but its not 100% efficient so a manual deletion is needed.

I see this as an email client problem, not a Mac problem. Mac mail allows local control of a web service. The web service is responsible for their junk handling. Mac mail does a pretty good job, but clients like Yahoo, gmail and others need to do a better job.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 5:02 AM in response to elanfixr

Yep, just ignore and delete them. I have a rule set up that funnels junk mail to its folder but its not 100% efficient so a manual deletion is needed.

I see this as an email client problem, not a Mac problem. Mac mail allows local control of a web service. The web service is responsible for their junk handling. Mac mail does a pretty good job, but clients like Yahoo, gmail and others need to do a better job.

McAfee scam emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.