Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

None of the apps are launching

I have Macbook pro 2017 and all of a sudden, none of the apps will open. I have to turn it off and back on just to launch the safari once and nothing else will work. I can't even open the App store. I have no idea what is going on, and it keeps saying the that (name of app) wont open, and the happens for all the apps like finder safari chrome ....... Someone please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:30 AM

need_helph wrote:

I have Macbook pro 2017 and all of a sudden, none of the apps will open. I have to turn it off and back on just to launch the safari once and nothing else will work. I can't even open the App store. I have no idea what is going on, and it keeps saying the that (name of app) wont open, and the happens for all the apps like finder safari chrome ....... Someone please help.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 7:30 AM in response to need_helph

need_helph wrote:

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Aug 9, 2022 7:32 AM in response to need_helph

Q - " I have Macbook pro 2017 and all of a sudden,"

A - Follow previous advise First but must ask, how Much Empty Space is there on the Internal Drive

A - Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Avira

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

None of the apps are launching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.