Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key repeat settings not affecting keyboard behavior

My caps lock key doesn't show the green light so following some advice online I've reset both the smc and nvram. Not sure if this had any effect on it, but when I hold a key, it repeats but super slow. Almost like as if I'm typing with around half a second in between hits.

My settings are good and no matter what setting I pick, the results don't change.

Any idea what's happening and how to fix it? I'm on Catalina 10.15.7.

Thank you!

UPDATE: I tried restarting. When I get to the login page, it works. If I either hold a key or hold the delete key to delete those repeated letters, it works as expected. Once I login it doesn't work...

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:54 PM

Solved the issue.

For some reason I changed this setting inside the System Preferences > Accessibility to enable Slow Keys. I have no idea how I got there and enabled it, though... Disabling it, made it go back to normal.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 8, 2022 2:53 PM in response to tiagorocha

Another update: the keyboard is actually acting weird. For example, I work with Logic and I have this shortcut to close all windows: ALT+CMD+W

It always worked, but now sometimes it seems that it ignores the ALT+CMD and it's as if I just hit W, which changes the cursor/tool from an arrow to the pencil (which is what I have the W key to do).

What's going on here...? So weird...

Key repeat settings not affecting keyboard behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.