Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving songs from an old itunes account

Since I've changed my itunes account, because i changed my email and laptop but now i cant access songs from itunes under my old account, the songs are their byt greyed out with a circle? how can i retrieve them, itunes no longer recognises my old email or password

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:41 AM

The only way to access songs purchased on an account is to sign into iTunes on that same account.

Your should still be able to sign into your Apple account; your Apple ID is simply an ID that happens to be the same as your (old) email address and the password will be whatever it was when you last used the account. Have you tried them?

Of course, the one issue will be that if you use the "Forgot Password" option, the reminder to get back into your account will be sent to the email address registered to the account (which is presumably still the old email address). Are you sure you can no longer access the old email address?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 4:41 AM in response to WallyOneOB1

The only way to access songs purchased on an account is to sign into iTunes on that same account.

Your should still be able to sign into your Apple account; your Apple ID is simply an ID that happens to be the same as your (old) email address and the password will be whatever it was when you last used the account. Have you tried them?

Of course, the one issue will be that if you use the "Forgot Password" option, the reminder to get back into your account will be sent to the email address registered to the account (which is presumably still the old email address). Are you sure you can no longer access the old email address?

Retrieving songs from an old itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.