Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to set iPhone to NO CALLS ALLOWED - While connected to CarPlay or Bluetooth? (Please Read!)

READ TO THE END AND PLEASE CHOOSE “Me Too” IF YOU AGREE!!

Has anyone found the workaround to automatically allow NO INCOMING CALLS - When driving and connected to either CarPlay or Bluetooth yet? (I have an iPhone 12 Pro - v15.6)

There are LOTS of times I need calls silenced while connected to CarPlay - my boss and coworkers are in the car when I’m driving for work. And and of course my iPhone’s connected to CarPlay, for Navigation, Spotify etc.

Then a call from “Tha Ball Juggla” comes across the big screen and it’s gets really awkward, really fast!

(SideNote: Shes a respectable mother of 2 now. But 1st - she was my crazy friend, whose contact info I just imported/saved using her own customized vCard, like 10 years ago!! See Screenshot #2 Below)

So my point is - When I’m connected to CarPlay - it lets all of my calls come through. No matter what DND is on (Driving, Personal etc.) Because I’m connected to CarPlay.

And it’s driving me bananas! It’s insane there’s no option to override this!!!

Apple - PLEASE fix this! Our Contacts should be allowed to remain NSFW! Please don’t force me to rename any of my contacts!

(I have reached out to Apple Support directly, several times already. So I’m trying to gather some support here!)

Click Link or See Screenshot #1 below, for details about this travesty ;-)

Stay focused while driving with iPhone - Apple Support

Per the above link:

“Incoming calls are allowed only when iPhone is connected to CarPlay—a car Bluetooth system—or a hands-free accessory.”

iPhone 12 Pro, 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:32 AM

If you find something is missing on iOS devices, you may provide --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple < here.

1 reply

Anyone know how to set iPhone to NO CALLS ALLOWED - While connected to CarPlay or Bluetooth? (Please Read!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.