Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro turns off when unplugged

Hi, my MBP doesn't recognize my battery. I checked the condition under system information>hardware>power and it shows like there's no batter and it's a new battery i got it march. It turns off whenever i unplug my charging cable. I have done SMC reset and PRAM reset still no changes

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 3:37 AM

Has the battery been replaced by an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple?

If yes, bring it back and let them check the device again.

If a 3rd party repair shop changed the battery, it it most likely not a genuine Apple spare part and the reason why there is no additional battery information available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 3:37 AM in response to abdulazeez35

Has the battery been replaced by an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple?

If yes, bring it back and let them check the device again.

If a 3rd party repair shop changed the battery, it it most likely not a genuine Apple spare part and the reason why there is no additional battery information available.

Aug 9, 2022 5:43 AM in response to aceboy1310

Apple does not sell their genuine spare parts to non authorized Apple Service Providers. If you find a spare part battery on the internet, it is mosts likely used, if you can find any credentials from Apple on it.

Beware of counterfeit parts

Some counterfeit and third party power adapters and batteries may not be designed properly and could result in safety issues. To ensure you receive a genuine Apple battery during a battery replacement, we recommend visiting an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you need a replacement adapter to charge your Apple device, we recommend getting an Apple power adapter.

Also non-genuine replacement displays may have compromised visual quality and may fail to work correctly. Apple-certified screen repairs are performed by trusted experts who use genuine Apple parts.

copied from: Official Apple Support

MacBook pro turns off when unplugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.