Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus mode - block contacts but receive calls/sms from unknown due to deliveries etc

Time sensitive doesn't work here because how would whatever decides something is time sensitive know that a random call is the delivery driver asking for directions? Or that the SMS is from someone saying the door buzzer didn't work?

If I'm expecting a delivery (which let's be honest, most of us are given work from home) I can't use focus mode because of this, so I still get notifications from friends and fam all day.

Is there an option or setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:07 AM

Please check the following settings...

• Silence: Choose to silence calls and notifications always or only when the device is locked.
  • Allow Calls From: Allow calls from everyone, no one, your favorites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
  • Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 4:07 AM in response to sissy

Please check the following settings...

• Silence: Choose to silence calls and notifications always or only when the device is locked.
  • Allow Calls From: Allow calls from everyone, no one, your favorites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
  • Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

Focus mode - block contacts but receive calls/sms from unknown due to deliveries etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.