Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assistive Touch button reappears by itself

Ok! I have an 8+ that had the screen and battery replaced, and unfortunately, the touch ID button was damaged. It was replaced with a generic one. Of course I know that I lost the touch ID function, but that's not the issue. The assistive Touch button reappears on it's own no matter what I do to stop it. It actually turns itself on in settings. How do you stop this? I have done everything I can find online already!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 9:57 AM

I totally know that! I just want to have my problem with the touch assistant go away.

7 replies

Aug 9, 2022 6:39 AM in response to Popsyche

Unfortunately, since you had the repair done by an unauthorized provider, your phone is no longer supportable by Apple.

Assistive touch is supposed to come on automatically if it detects a hardware problem with the home button, which is what’s happening.

The only way to fix this will be to get yourself a phone that has not been tampered with.

Assistive Touch button reappears by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.