Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use Gmail for icloud and deleted it

first of all, sorry for my english

I used Gmail account when created the icloud, out of curiousity, what happens if i delete my gmail account ?, does the icloud gone as well ?

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 6:32 AM

No. Deleting the email account from your iPad will have absolutely no immediate impact upon operation of your iPad or iCloud. Should you need to do so, you will still be able to sign-in to your iPad and/or iCloud using the email address that identifies your AppleID account.

An the AppleID account has to be identified by a Username - and this will be an email address. What you perhaps need to understand is that if you are ever locked-out of your AppleID account, you will use this email address to receive essential account recovery and/or authentication information.

If you have deleted the email account from your iPad - and can not access these email messages in Apple Mail - you can still access the email account (in this case, Gmail) using a web browser. You will need to sign-in using the Mail Portal for the mail provider that you use.

If you completely delete your Gmail account with Google, this changes matters. While you will be able to continue using your iPad exactly as before, should become locked out, you will no longer be able to recover access to your AppleID account using this email address.

For this reason, it is strongly advised that you always fully configure your AppleID with both your primary email address (this is used to identify your AppleID account) and a secondary email account and trusted telephone numbers. If your primary email is ever unavailable, or has been deleted, you will be able to recover access to your AppleID account if you are ever locked-out.

If you have neither access to your primary or secondary email, or alternative trusted phone numbers, you may be permanently locked-out - and lose access to (and use of) your iPad.

You can learn more about properly managing your AppleID account here:

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 6:32 AM in response to AndreBawazier

No. Deleting the email account from your iPad will have absolutely no immediate impact upon operation of your iPad or iCloud. Should you need to do so, you will still be able to sign-in to your iPad and/or iCloud using the email address that identifies your AppleID account.

An the AppleID account has to be identified by a Username - and this will be an email address. What you perhaps need to understand is that if you are ever locked-out of your AppleID account, you will use this email address to receive essential account recovery and/or authentication information.

If you have deleted the email account from your iPad - and can not access these email messages in Apple Mail - you can still access the email account (in this case, Gmail) using a web browser. You will need to sign-in using the Mail Portal for the mail provider that you use.

If you completely delete your Gmail account with Google, this changes matters. While you will be able to continue using your iPad exactly as before, should become locked out, you will no longer be able to recover access to your AppleID account using this email address.

For this reason, it is strongly advised that you always fully configure your AppleID with both your primary email address (this is used to identify your AppleID account) and a secondary email account and trusted telephone numbers. If your primary email is ever unavailable, or has been deleted, you will be able to recover access to your AppleID account if you are ever locked-out.

If you have neither access to your primary or secondary email, or alternative trusted phone numbers, you may be permanently locked-out - and lose access to (and use of) your iPad.

You can learn more about properly managing your AppleID account here:

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Aug 9, 2022 6:01 AM in response to AndreBawazier

AndreBawazier Said:

"Use Gmail for icloud and deleted it: first of all, sorry for my English I used Gmail account when created the icloud, out of curiousity, what happens if i delete my gmail account ?, does the icloud gone as well ?"

-------

Closing eMail Address and iCloud:

No. iCloud will not be gone. But, if you are using that for your Apple ID, then you won't be able to get back in to Apple (including these forums). So, change the eMail (Apple ID) to what it should be, prior to changing it: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Use Gmail for icloud and deleted it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.