Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD Card files magically disappeared

I was going through several of my SD and microSD cards deleting unnecessary files and I got to the last one - a 256GB SD card (Sandisk). I inserted it and the files came up just fine. I even opened a few. I look away for a few seconds and when i look up, all the files (which were just a handful) are gone. The drive shows up as empty, but the trash is full of THOUSANDS of files i definitely do not remember being on that disk, but on others.

It's showing 138gb of space as used, and though I have not emptied out the trash, looking through the files and folders that are in the trash are definitely not the files I had on there. I'm in music production and i typically separate my disks according to the gear I'm using to create projects so it's even more odd that files (For example, Native Instruments software plugins on a disk used with Akai hardware) I'd have never even put on that disk show up in the trash when I insert it.

I'm currently running DIsk Drill but so far it's only really looking like it's pull up the aforementioned trash files. I don't even know if anything can be done at this point but in all my years, this tops the list of "WEIRD"

Even more odd is that the one file even remotely related to one of the files i'm looking for, is a plist file of the same name.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 7:30 AM

ZLC718 wrote:

I was going through several of my SD and microSD cards deleting unnecessary files and I got to the last one - a 256GB SD card (Sandisk). I inserted it and the files came up just fine. I even opened a few. I look away for a few seconds and when i look up, all the files (which were just a handful) are gone. The drive shows up as empty, but the trash is full of THOUSANDS of files i definitely do not remember being on that disk, but on others.

It's showing 138gb of space as used, and though I have not emptied out the trash, looking through the files and folders that are in the trash are definitely not the files I had on there. I'm in music production and i typically separate my disks according to the gear I'm using to create projects so it's even more odd that files (For example, Native Instruments software plugins on a disk used with Akai hardware) I'd have never even put on that disk show up in the trash when I insert it.

I'm currently running DIsk Drill but so far it's only really looking like it's pull up the aforementioned trash files. I don't even know if anything can be done at this point but in all my years, this tops the list of "WEIRD"

Even more odd is that the one file even remotely related to one of the files i'm looking for, is a plist file of the same name.

What is the question...?

ref

Use the SD and SDXC card slot on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 7:30 AM in response to ZLC718

ZLC718 wrote:

What is the question...?

ref

Use the SD and SDXC card slot on your Mac - Apple Support

SD Card files magically disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.