Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to import photos from IPhone to Photos. My phone auto updated and I don't see IPhone under devises in the import window.

How do I find "device" for IPhone to download photos from IPhone 11 Pro to Photos app?

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 12:29 PM

4 replies

Aug 9, 2022 11:42 PM in response to photodi

You should be able to connect them with a Lightning to Thunderbolt cable (or by using the included charger with an adapter).

After connecting them, unlock your iPhone. You should then see the device in the Finder sidebar, as seen here-

Then, open Photos. You may need to trust the computer first, but you should then be able to see it in the sidebar, as seen here-

Afterwards, simply click the "Import New Photos" button in the top right to transfer all new pictures and videos to your Mac, or manually select the pictures to import.

Trying to import photos from IPhone to Photos. My phone auto updated and I don't see IPhone under devises in the import window.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.