Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not transfer DNG files from iPhone to Macbook via AirDrop

I am shooting Raw with iPhone 13 pro max. The raw photos are in DNG format. When I send the photos to my Macbook, they are received in jpeg. I have already went trhough Settings - Photos - Transfer to Mac or PC - Keep Original (selected). What is the solution? How to transfer DNG files via AirDrop?

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 1:43 PM

6 replies

Aug 11, 2022 10:46 AM in response to Emil.Mitev

Hi there Emil.Mitev,

If you're unable to transfer your DNG files using AirDrop between your iPhone and Mac, you'll want to start by making sure you didn't edit the photo in the Photos app before attempting to send it via AirDrop.

- To transfer the original ProRAW file from your iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or your Mac, use AirDrop. If you edited the photo in the Photos app and then you share it, you'll share a JPG file. To share the original ProRAW file from the Photos app on your iPhone, tap Share, tap Duplicate, tap Edit, tap Revert, then share the photo using AirDrop.

Have a look at the 'Share ProRAW photos' section here: About Apple ProRAW

Take care.

Can not transfer DNG files from iPhone to Macbook via AirDrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.