Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe to Magsafe 3

I’d like to use my Apple Thunderbolt Display (which has a MagSafe cable to power attached laptops) with the new 2021 MacBook Pro laptop (which has the new MagSafe 3 port). Are there plans to offer a MagSafe-to-MagSafe 3 adapter (similar to the current MagSafe-to-MagSafe 2 adapter)?

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:26 PM

This is a user to user only forum. No one from Apple is here and it doesn't appear Apple has such an adapter available at this time. As we don't work for Apple, we have absolutely no knowledge of products Apple may have in the works.

You can provide a feature request to Apple via this link --> Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 7:26 PM in response to Derailment

This is a user to user only forum. No one from Apple is here and it doesn't appear Apple has such an adapter available at this time. As we don't work for Apple, we have absolutely no knowledge of products Apple may have in the works.

You can provide a feature request to Apple via this link --> Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple

Aug 9, 2022 7:56 PM in response to Derailment

I don't think that's coming. MagSafe and MagSafe 2 were electronically identical, but the latter was just a narrower version so an adapter was pretty easy. A MagSafe 3 cable is really just a bridge to USB power. Theoretically you might be able to get a little bit of power out of the USB ports or maybe the Thunderbolt port (or captive cable) with some sort of dock/adapter.

Magsafe to Magsafe 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.