Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My charging port is damaged on my iPad can I charge it by any other way

My USB charging port on my iPad is damaged how can I charge it without that

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 1:55 AM

If your iPad charging port has been damaged, it will require repair. The built-in charging port (either USB-C or Lightning - as determined by the iPad model) is the only means by which an iPad can be charged.

Damaged cables should be immediately replaced - as the are relatively cheap, whereas the iPad charging port will be expensive to replace. A damaged cable can cause significant damage to the iPad charging port or its electrical contacts.

Carefully examine the iPad charging port in good light - if necessary with a magnifying glass. If an fluff or foreign material can be seen, very gently attempt to dislodge and remove it with a non-metallic pointed object; a plastic toothpick or sharpened wooden matchstick is ideal.

If you are unable to readily resolve the problem yourself, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess the problem and offer assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If repair is required, you will be in the best possible place to explore your available options.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 1:55 AM in response to Lolabugjones

If your iPad charging port has been damaged, it will require repair. The built-in charging port (either USB-C or Lightning - as determined by the iPad model) is the only means by which an iPad can be charged.

Damaged cables should be immediately replaced - as the are relatively cheap, whereas the iPad charging port will be expensive to replace. A damaged cable can cause significant damage to the iPad charging port or its electrical contacts.

Carefully examine the iPad charging port in good light - if necessary with a magnifying glass. If an fluff or foreign material can be seen, very gently attempt to dislodge and remove it with a non-metallic pointed object; a plastic toothpick or sharpened wooden matchstick is ideal.

If you are unable to readily resolve the problem yourself, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess the problem and offer assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If repair is required, you will be in the best possible place to explore your available options.

My charging port is damaged on my iPad can I charge it by any other way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.