Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Screen Unresponsive After Applying Rubbing Alcohol

My mom recently applied a rubbing alcohol (one that looks like a spray and is used for hands, etc.) to clean the the iPad’s screen by ACCIDENT and now some areas of my iPad screen is unresponsive. My iPad has a screen protector so I assumed we need to buy a new screen protector or is this issue needed a manual fix? In other instances, if the iPad has no screen protector, would this require a manual fix? Thank you.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:21 AM

Given your situation, the first step will be to remove the screen protector. If the problem persists with the screen protector removed, it will be very likely that the alcohol gel has managed to seep between the iPad chassis and the edge of the screen bezel - and will require repair.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and if needed, discuss your options for repair:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 2:21 AM in response to vixenseaslug

Given your situation, the first step will be to remove the screen protector. If the problem persists with the screen protector removed, it will be very likely that the alcohol gel has managed to seep between the iPad chassis and the edge of the screen bezel - and will require repair.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and if needed, discuss your options for repair:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Screen Unresponsive After Applying Rubbing Alcohol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.