Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data with no Wi-Fi

When I leave my house/ no Wi-Fi , nothing loads. My Snapchat and my Instagram wont load along with a lot of other things. My cellular data is on, I have unlimited data. When I leave the house I have to use a VPN for things to work, but I just want this fixed. What should I do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:42 AM

If it works when using a VPN, it means your data is working fine. The VPN uses your data just the same as your regular internet connection.

If it doesn't connect without a VPN, then it's possible your network is restricting access to things, and by using the VPN you are bypassing said restrictions. In that case, there's nothing to fix except contact your carrier and finding out why nothing loads when not using a VPN.

Contact your cellular service provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 8:42 AM in response to JUST_cj137

If it works when using a VPN, it means your data is working fine. The VPN uses your data just the same as your regular internet connection.

If it doesn't connect without a VPN, then it's possible your network is restricting access to things, and by using the VPN you are bypassing said restrictions. In that case, there's nothing to fix except contact your carrier and finding out why nothing loads when not using a VPN.

Contact your cellular service provider.

Data with no Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.