Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says it can't sync because my iPhone SE (2nd) needs 2.9 GB more space. My iPhone has 39.55 GB available space.

iTunes says it can't sync because my iPhone SE (2nd) needs 2.9 GB more space. My iPhone has 39.55 GB available space. Why is this happening?

Thanks,

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:58 AM

What is the size of the selection of content that you want to sync to the iPhone? The implication of the messages is that you want to sync an additional 42.45 GB over what is already stored on the device. Sometimes it seems iTunes can fail to correctly account for what is already there so gets this availably calculation wrong. Should that happen the easiest solution may be to remove what is currently on the device (Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music > Edit > All Songs > Delete) and then add what you want from the library. Assumes your content is all in the library ready to put back.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 8:58 AM in response to Trail Boss

What is the size of the selection of content that you want to sync to the iPhone? The implication of the messages is that you want to sync an additional 42.45 GB over what is already stored on the device. Sometimes it seems iTunes can fail to correctly account for what is already there so gets this availably calculation wrong. Should that happen the easiest solution may be to remove what is currently on the device (Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music > Edit > All Songs > Delete) and then add what you want from the library. Assumes your content is all in the library ready to put back.

tt2

iTunes says it can't sync because my iPhone SE (2nd) needs 2.9 GB more space. My iPhone has 39.55 GB available space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.