Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you restart my iPad

Can you restart my iPad. Factory. Restart

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 1:52 PM

Jojoking1254y wrote:

Can you restart my iPad. Factory. Restart

No we can't but you should be able to follow here What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 11, 2022 4:07 AM in response to Jojoking1254y

Do you have a particular problem, or are you simply looking to reset your iPad to its “factory” state? Remote reset isn’t possible, but you should be able to perform the majority of “reset” actions yourself without assistance.

To restart your iPad, see:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

If your iPad is unresponsive - or otherwise misbehaving - a forced restart will often clear the problem:

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Should you wish to restore your iPad to factory settings, this support page outlines the process. You should note that this process will reinstall the most recent version of iOS/iPadOS supported by your iPad:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you intend to erase and reset the iPad before giving it away, selling, or trading-in your iPad, you are advised to prepare the iPad properly before doing so:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need assistance with any of the above, consider a visit to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to provide help. Whilst not necessarily a prerequisite, making an appointment is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Can you restart my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.