Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the GPS only Apple Watch SE track my laps even if my iPhone is not nearby?

will SE watch without cellular track my laps even if my phone is in the locker room?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 3:18 PM

The Apple Watch Series 2 boasts built-in GPS capabilities, so you can leave your iPhone at home or in your gym locker during a workout. The watch will take care of tracking all of the important details.

Previously, you had to have your iPhone nearby in order for the Watch to capture location information from the Global Positioning System.The first time I started a workout with the Series 2, I was expecting to find some sort of GPS button or indicator letting me know the satellite-powered system was active.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 3:18 PM in response to seidmala

The Apple Watch Series 2 boasts built-in GPS capabilities, so you can leave your iPhone at home or in your gym locker during a workout. The watch will take care of tracking all of the important details.

Previously, you had to have your iPhone nearby in order for the Watch to capture location information from the Global Positioning System.The first time I started a workout with the Series 2, I was expecting to find some sort of GPS button or indicator letting me know the satellite-powered system was active.

Will the GPS only Apple Watch SE track my laps even if my iPhone is not nearby?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.