Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Differences between the display color profiles on my MacBook Pro 16"?

I would like to understand more about the different display color profiles and see which one fits better to my eye!

What are the differences between each of these options below, where do I start from?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 8:35 AM

MacBigSur1983 wrote:

I would like to understand more about the different display color profiles and see which one fits better to my eye!

What are the differences between each of these options below, where do I start from?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/1844b697-fe6f-4140-81e1-7d9631255c5f

Change preferences and compare your results if in doubt... is my best advise

Change your Mac display's color profile - Apple Support

View color profiles in ColorSync Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Compare color profiles in ColorSync Utility on Mac

If you are not using an external Monitor, or some app specific requirements, I would use the default settings unless you have some visual issues—Color LCD

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 8:35 AM in response to MacBigSur1983

MacBigSur1983 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/1844b697-fe6f-4140-81e1-7d9631255c5f

Change preferences and compare your results if in doubt... is my best advise

Change your Mac display's color profile - Apple Support

View color profiles in ColorSync Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Compare color profiles in ColorSync Utility on Mac

If you are not using an external Monitor, or some app specific requirements, I would use the default settings unless you have some visual issues—Color LCD

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Aug 11, 2022 6:18 PM in response to MacBigSur1983

The display color profiles are essentially different algorithms by which the range of all possible colors (aka gamut or color space) is mapped to the capabilities of a particular display. No display can reproduce all possible hues, saturations & intensities; hence the need to 'map' the full range of colors to the specific, and frankly limited, capabilities of a particular display.

Color LCD is the proper display profile for the built-in display in your MacBook Pro. The other profiles, if used, will produce a range of colors that do not map properly for the display. Generally, the other display profiles are only used if a specific display requires them.

Differences between the display color profiles on my MacBook Pro 16"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.