Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail on M1 Macbook Pro won't start in Monterey

Hi, I have an M1 Macbook Pro running Monterey 12.5. This is my second M1 Macbook as the first (early M1) kept crashing, even after multiple IOS reinstallls and mny hours on the phone with Applecare.

Anyhooooo, this 14" unit is far better, except the Mail program frequently refuses to open at all, when the computer is restored from sleep, hard re-booted, or soft re-booted.

I'm running Intego suite, which may, or may not be an issue? I've been using that program for years on Intel Macs with no issues at all.

It can now take over an hour of "force quitting", shutting down, and re-booting to sneak past whatever it is that's preventing mail from launching.

Once up, the program seems stable enough.

I'm still recovering emotional equanimity from the multiple systems reinstalls with my last M1 and would really like a more targeted solution, if there is one?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Okay well test while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

You should also read these…

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

In the 3 decades+ I've been using Macs, I've never installed antivirus programs and have never had a virus or malware.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 5:43 PM in response to solutionist99

Okay well test while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

You should also read these…

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

In the 3 decades+ I've been using Macs, I've never installed antivirus programs and have never had a virus or malware.

Aug 10, 2022 5:34 PM in response to dialabrain

Wow, thanks for the supersonic reply Dialabrain!

I'm a wee bit nervous about doing that given the huge list of virus and malware captures Intego keeps boasting to me about. If you, or anybody, can suggest an alternate to Intego for virus and malware protection, and especially for blocking spam (as Apple's controls don't seem to do anything at all to block repeat spam senders) I'd be forever grateful and happier about deleting it.

Aug 10, 2022 6:19 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. I've just buckled up and uninstalled Intego. I do feel a little "freer". We'll see how that goes.

I find that blocking regular spammers in Apple Mail doesn't do anything to block them - which is a huge pain as I publish quite a lot and seem to attract at least a dozen spam messages each day, often more, from recurring sources you'd think would be easy to identify and block.

Your reassurance and redirects re the safety of Mac has been the highlight of my week. Sad we get so easily drawn in by fear campaigns. Knowledge helps!

Mac Mail on M1 Macbook Pro won't start in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.