Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How easy does an Apple computer get malware

Really weird responses for many uses of my computer. It started about 10 days ago. Help!

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 2:20 AM

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

There is Adware & Malware which will affect the computer and is generally downloaded from “ ShadyWebsites or Developers who Inject this software into the download.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from the Developer , the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 2:20 AM in response to MaccMe55

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

There is Adware & Malware which will affect the computer and is generally downloaded from “ ShadyWebsites or Developers who Inject this software into the download.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from the Developer , the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

Aug 10, 2022 8:57 PM in response to MaccMe55

MaccMe55 Said:

"How easy does an Apple computer get malware: Really weird responses for many uses of my computer. It started about 10 days ago. Help!"

-------

Commonality of Malware on a Mac:

It is easy to get it on your Mac. It would install from downloads and interactivity with sites. So, what are these messages in regards to? Do they show up intermittently? OR do they show up when you open an app.

Aug 14, 2022 4:06 PM in response to TheLittles

Well I had my keyboard not responding to my commands. Then I had files, new and old, not opening for me. Some issues with word files. I finally contact apple support X2. They fixed it. Relayed a software bug. I had to update my system. That was the reason I called the second time because it gave me a new problem. So at this time I'm doing ok. Thanks for your help.

How easy does an Apple computer get malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.