Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

personal hotspot on Iphone is turning off automaticall

Hello Dear Apple’s users. I have very stressful issue with my Iphone Xs. I cannot use personal hotspot on my laptop properly, because Iphone disconnecting personal hotspot automatically after 5-10 min. Did anyone countered with such issue? And how can I fix it?

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 12:28 PM

Make an appointment at the Genus Bar to have it diagnosed -

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

8 replies

Aug 11, 2022 7:13 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Unfortunately I cannot make an appointment at that place, because I am in Kazakhstan. If you have an Iphone, you can try to create the hotspot and connect it with laptop. Then open some web page and live it for 5-10 minutes without any web activity and during that time hotspot connection will automatically disconnect. But, if you will use your iphone(screen will be working) then connection will not disconnect. And if you will use internet on your laptop (surf the webpages) hotspot connection will not disconnect too. You should just open some web page and live it. Try it please, this issue should be on every Iphone.

it is very inconvenient because when you need constant internet connection on laptop and it is disconnecting without internet activity on it. Then you should reconnect and etc

personal hotspot on Iphone is turning off automaticall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.