Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS automatically chooses a text editor for jpg files. Wrong! How do I fix it?

I favor two apps for file processing when I select a file listed in the File Explorer. But I could accept any apps that I have and that are not *grossly* wrong! My favored app for images is ArtStudio Pro, but there are others. My favored app for plain text is usually Textastic or Simplenote, but there are others. Right now, when I select a file of type “.jpg” in the File Explorer, iOS tries to open it with Text processing app Textastic. (An image is NOT an html file!) The file has an image icon in File Explorer and one may fetch Info to see all the information appropriate to a Nikon or Canon photo! How may I ensure “.jpg” files are opened in a photo- or graphics- processing, and NOT a text-handling, app? This very stoopid for a system that’s supposed to “just work”.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 10:28 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

iPadOS automatically chooses a text editor for jpg files. Wrong! How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.