Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Highest Version of FCX & Motion for Catalina

Hi All,

I tried searching for this but related topics archived and no links...

I have Catalina on a Late 2013 iMac and wondering what are the latest versions of FCX and Motion I can use with Catalina 10.15.7 and where can I find the downloads? Neither is showing an update in App store.

My Specs:

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GT 755M 1GB

3.2 Ghz Quad Core INtel

Thanks,

Al

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 10:32 AM

10 replies

Aug 11, 2022 3:21 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis,

Yes, I purchased them long ago. I remember when Motion was $49.99 !!

I thought the prob was maybe not being fully logged into Apple, the ID, the store, etc.. But I logged in and that's not it.

In APP store I have upgrade clouds for everything except FCX and Motion!!! I restarted computer thinking that since I just upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina, maybe that's the problem but no. There is no option to update anywhere I see. I searched within the programs and nothing. Something's up. I posted pic.

Thanks.

Al

Aug 11, 2022 12:15 PM in response to UCanCallMeAl

The instructions that Tom provided are on the assumption that you have already purchased the application. You have, right?

Are you clicking on the bottom left to select your account, as Tom said?

Then next to Final Cut Pro, if you click the download button, it should advise you that the current version does not work, but let you download the most recent version that is compatible with your OS.

Please clarify.

Aug 12, 2022 6:39 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi guys,

Restarted computer and APP store still showing the download cloud next to Motion and FCX.

Does that mean there is higher version still available?

I'm showing FCX at 10.5.4 and Motion at 5.5.3. after downloading yesterday.

When I press the download cloud the message asks if I want to download the latest version that works with my current OS.

I thought it did that yesterday. Do the clouds go away when you have the latest version for your OS?

Thanks,.

Al

Highest Version of FCX & Motion for Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.