Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k AppleTV Library says I haven’t purchased any TV shows or movies

Brand newApple TV4K.

Open the Apple TV app and go to Library. The ball spins for a min. But then it tells me we haven’t purchased any movie or shows.

Go to the Movies iTune app all 1400+ movies are there.

This is on a new 4k LG tv. When I check the Apple TV on our older 1080p tv, the library populates our purchased movies.

The Apple TV (the hardware) is updated. The Apple TV (the software) is just broken. And how dumb is it to name two of your products the same name and expect it not to cause confusion? I thought Apple was all about the User Experience.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 1:46 PM

kilgrey wrote:

Brand newApple TV4K.
Open the Apple TV app and go to Library. The ball spins for a min. But then it tells me we haven’t purchased any movie or shows.

This is on a new 4k LG tv. When I check the Apple TV on our older 1080p tv, the library populates our purchased movies.

Make sure you're signed in with the same account used to purchase the movies. If you are, try signing out, then back in, and restarting Apple TV.

Failing that, ask the iTunes Store staff for help.

kilgrey wrote:

The Apple TV (the hardware) is updated. The Apple TV (the software) is just broken. And how dumb is it to name two of your products the same name and expect it not to cause confusion? I thought Apple was all about the User Experience.

Apple does actually have a unique name for the Apple TV's OS- tvOS.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 1:46 PM in response to kilgrey

kilgrey wrote:

Brand newApple TV4K.

Make sure you're signed in with the same account used to purchase the movies. If you are, try signing out, then back in, and restarting Apple TV.

Failing that, ask the iTunes Store staff for help.

kilgrey wrote:

Apple does actually have a unique name for the Apple TV's OS- tvOS.

Aug 11, 2022 2:38 PM in response to -Bubba-

The fact that we even have to have a discussion about their naming convention is a sign that it’s poorly named.

From what understand. “tvOS” is just used by developers who want to make apps for the AppleTV hardware. No consumer uses that name when talking about their AppleTV. They only know it by how it is presented on the box or on the app.

As for the library not loading. I only have 1 Apple ID signed in on all of my Apple TVs. The Movies app ”works”. The Shows App “works”. I’m able to look movies up in the Apple TV app that I have purchased and they will play. It’s ONLY the library app that is broken. And yes, Broken is the right word. I followed their instructions and their software does not work as expected. While performing free QA for Apple, I found other people with the same issue. It seems to be due to having a large library of purchased movies. Which is a deterrent for us to purchase more movies. Logging out and back in didn’t appear to fix anything.

4k AppleTV Library says I haven’t purchased any TV shows or movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.