Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone microphone while airpods connected

Recently my airpods microphone stop working. if I try to use airpods microphone only white noise (damp sounds) can be listened. Airpods sounds great and i can listen to it without any issue.

it would be great if there was an option to select microphone source as iPhone device microphone while airpods are connected. I have searched everywhere and didn’t find such thing.

i just want to clarify that i don't want to buy new airpods as it work fine and the battery a last good amount. Also they are not repairable so dont know what to do.

kindly support and save environment 🌎🌱

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 4:13 PM

vkykool wrote:

Recently my airpods microphone stop working. if I try to use airpods microphone only white noise (damp sounds) can be listened. Airpods sounds great and i can listen to it without any issue.
it would be great if there was an option to select microphone source as iPhone device microphone while airpods are connected. I have searched everywhere and didn’t find such thing.
i just want to clarify that i don't want to buy new airpods as it work fine and the battery a last good amount. Also they are not repairable so dont know what to do.

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 4:13 PM in response to vkykool

vkykool wrote:

Product Feedback - Apple

Using iPhone microphone while airpods connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.