Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Numbers file password in apple

I have lost my password for a numbers file. How can I retrieve it? This was answered in 2017, but am hoping a solution has been found.

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 2:09 AM

1. Open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
  2. Use Finder to locate your document. You can also search for its entry in the list; it will be named "iWork Document Password."
  3. Press on the entry.
  4. Put a tick in the Show Password box.
  5. Enter your account password when asked. This action will display the password in the Show Password field.

You can copy the password somewhere until you change it.

If you didn't store the password in your keychain, it's unrecoverable. If you transferred the document to another computer without moving the keychain, it's also unrecoverable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 2:09 AM in response to elli219

1. Open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
  2. Use Finder to locate your document. You can also search for its entry in the list; it will be named "iWork Document Password."
  3. Press on the entry.
  4. Put a tick in the Show Password box.
  5. Enter your account password when asked. This action will display the password in the Show Password field.

You can copy the password somewhere until you change it.

If you didn't store the password in your keychain, it's unrecoverable. If you transferred the document to another computer without moving the keychain, it's also unrecoverable.

Lost Numbers file password in apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.