Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage History (Expiration per Conversation)

Is it possible to set iMessage and text messages history to expire (be automatically deleted) from your device per specific conversation (or thread)?

For example due to massive amounts of group chats and an innumerable amount of gifs, photos, and videos in each conversation my iPhones memory is running out.

i have no problem setting iMessgae to delete after 1 year or 30 days, however, I don’t because I want to keep messaging from my s/o and close friends forever.

It would be any easy feature to have specific conversation have an expiration date or even have an exemption section for specific conversation (or contacts).

How can we make this a feature on all OSs?

An example of an app that has this feature is Signal. You set the expiration per conversation. It keeps all messages and media until the expired time per each message. Then it automatically deletes itself.

iOS:

Signal:

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 12:48 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

iMessage History (Expiration per Conversation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.