Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot print with my iPhone 13

I have a HP Office Jet Pro 6978 which I don't see in the list but it's not even 1 year old. I cannot print with my iPhone 13. What can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 8:48 AM

Yes the printer is connected to one of the LAN ports of the router with a cable and yes the iPhone is connected on the house network. I got the HP Smart application and it now works. Thanks again for your help.

7 replies

Aug 12, 2022 12:51 PM in response to Clarenrac

Hi,

Only an HP OfficeJet 6970 All-In-One is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support. However, the HP specifications seem to include AirPrint for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer as well,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/11161264/document/c05061732

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-officejet-pro-6978-all-in-one-printer#techSpecs

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure that the printer and the iPhone are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Do not use a "Wi-Fi direct" connection. AirPrint works with a printer wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi router or wired by Ethernet to one of the LAN ports.

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

I cannot print with my iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.